#MentalHealth #SelfDoubt #Fear #Patients
An Exercise to Help Us Overcome Fear & Self-doubt | John Allcock | Elephant Journal | 12 April 2018
John Allcock is the Co-Founder and Director of Mindfulness at Sea Change Preparatory, a trailblazing academy that regularly integrates the practice of mindfulness into it’s curriculum.
Visit the Elephant Journal website to sign up for FREE newsletters >>>
Some words from me written a little over 2 weeks ago after reading the afore-mentioned post, Carole aka fibrofly73
This is especialy poignant for myself at the moment as I ‘struggle’ to see the value of my own selfworth and am currently facing many fears such as failure, not knowing what I’m doing, letting folks down, not living up to other people’s expectations, being around people / strangers, being in the lime-light and cameras, being wanted/needed, general social anxieties and even using telephones and an awful conference call where flashbacks of past traumatic events, triggered by similar environmental factors and severe anxiety, inhibited my ability to communicate.
Long list huh!
It’s not easy when you have only been out of hiding for 6/7 months and are used to dealing with people only online, and not in real-life!
I made this choice to try and take my Advocacy work into the real world instead of just being online.
Actions speak louder than words!
And Yes, I have considered going back into hiding!
I want to help make a difference to the way healthcare is provided for people like me who have #multipleconditions #chronicillness #invisibleillness or #raredisease #comorbidity or #mulitimorbidity so I have made the move into learning about current pharma wants, clinical needs / research, HCPs, medical affairs etc and through attending events and joining relevant organisations.
Using my #PatientVoice to help promote changes, whilst fighting my own personal fears #MentalHealth.
Carole aka fibrofly73
“Since then I have talked to many folks and recieved some wonderful support from varying sources that have helped me to realign my energies. That and the meditation that I religiously do everyday, the Sound Healing Session which I attended on Friday 27th April that always leaves me feeling cleansed physiologically and psychologically, well refreshed is another way of putting it.
Chakras are back in line and my energies rebalanced. Yep, still don’t like being in front of cameras, or being filmed, but at least I got my MoJo back!” Carole aka fibrofly73
Advocating for a Multi-Disciplinary approach to all aspects / area of medical healthcare industry. With a model approach using all the ‘stakeholders’ I’ve designed a patient’s perspective of what patient-centred care, patient-included, patient-involved, patient-centric should look like and involve, that’s everyone by the way!
You all need to pitch in!!
Something for the Professionals! Psychiatry Advisor | 27 April 2018
Psychiatry Advisor’s Daily Updates email features the latest News, Clinical Features, and Opinions for psychiatric health-care providers.
Headlines for this edition >>>
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- Sleep Disturbances, Trauma Associated With Psychosis-Like Experiences
- Effects of Antipsychotic Drugs on the Cardiovascular System
- Why Is #MeToo Missing From Medical Schools?
- ACP: Shifting Focus to Social Determinants of Health Can Improve Patient Care
- Questions Surround Concept of Internet Gaming Disorder
- Childhood Psychosis: What Every Practitioner Needs to Know
Link to the Links >>>
Want to receive emails specific to your profession and specialty? Click here to visit their website to subscribe for newsletters >>>
Happiful Magazine | May edition – Do you want to hear a story?
- Raw Fruit and Vegetables Can Improve Mental Health
- Did You Know?
Cuban Factories Employ Storytellers to Read to Workers
- The Mindful Living Show Returns
- Print Subscriber Offer
Link to the newsletter >>>
Visit the happifulmag shop >>>
Why not sign up for the magazine, or newsletter, and read issues online >>>
A note from Carole – Founding Five Member and CEO FibroFlutters
‘Mental Health is always something to remember as ‘still’ being a stigmafying and horrifying label to many who have a mental health condition, because of this people don’t talk about it. You never know what the person sitting next to you is really going through, so it is best to remember that!’
Many thanks for reading
Do you need Immediate Support?
(UK & ROI) If you feel that you need immediate support please contact The Samaritans via:
(UK) Alternatively, you could also contact your local Mind services >>>
Mind support helplines >>>
Psych Central | LONG POST | Depression Newsletter | 26 April 2018
Headliner: Many People Taking Antidepressants Discover They Cannot Quit-NY Times Article | Dysfunction Interrupted | Audrey Sherman, Ph.D.
Sherman, A. (2018). Many People Taking Antidepressants Discover They Cannot Quit-NY Times Article. Psych Central. Retrieved on April 29, 2018, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/dysfunction/2018/04/many-people-taking-antidepressants-discover-they-cannot-quit-ny-times-article/
Psych Central | Bipolar Newsletter | 27 March 2018
Headliner: Ep 6: Were You Ever in a Psych Ward? WE WERE! Stories from a Bipolar and a Schizophrenic. | Stories from A Psych Ward | Gabe Howard
Howard, G. (2018). Ep 6: Were You Ever in a Psych Ward? WE WERE! Stories from a Bipolar and a Schizophrenic.. Psych Central. Retrieved on April 28, 2018, from https://psychcentral.com/blog/ep-6-were-you-ever-in-a-psych-ward-we-were-stories-from-a-bipolar-and-a-schizophrenic/
Psych Central | Anxiety Newsletter | 27 April 2018
Headliner: 3 Breathing Techniques for Coping with Anxiety | M(ill)ennial:
A Perspective on Mental Illness | with Caitlin Gearsbeck
Gearsbeck, C. (2018). 3 Breathing Techniques for Coping With Anxiety. Psych Central. Retrieved on April 29, 2018, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/millennial/2018/04/if-you-have-anxiety-just-breathe/
#Fibro & #Stress, #chronicblogger #CopingStrategy
I Have Fibromyalgia…I Work on Stress…The Fibromyalgia and Stress Connection | The – So Is Fibromyalgia Real? What I Know Is Real – Blog | 9 February 2018
‘And the stresses that it seems that most “regular” people’s bodies absorb without any obvious ill effects…well, ours get affected by them…big time! And it doesn’t have to be a major stress…even just low-level stress IS STRESS as far as fibromyalgia is concerned…even positive stress IS STRESS as far as fibromyalgia is concerned.
Read more via this link >>>
Visit the blog site to read more real-life experiences >>>
Read my post – This is your body on anxiety >>>
Psych Central | ADHD Newsletter | 24 April 2018
Headliner: Reacting to an ADHD Diagnosis | By Neil Petersen
Petersen, N. (2018). Reacting to an ADHD Diagnosis. Psych Central. Retrieved on April 29, 2018, from https://blogs.psychcentral.com/adhd-millennial/2018/04/reacting-to-an-adhd-diagnosis/
Visit the home page and subscribe to their newsletters >>>
About Psych Central
Psych Central is the Internet’s largest and oldest independent mental health online resource. Since 1995, our award-winning website has been run by mental health professionals offering reliable, trusted information and over 250 support groups to consumers.
Link to Home Page >>> psychcentral.com/
Latest! News Medical |Psychiatry Newsletter | 27 April 2018
Headliner: The memory area of the brain may also yield vital clues about mental health illnesses.
Visit this page and subscribe to their newsletters >>>
Many thanks for reading and helping to share the news
Please fill out the form if you’d like to recieve e-mail updates
- Always seek the advice of your GP, crisis team or other qualified mental health providers with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or mental disorder.
- Please don’t let the stories you read here or on other third partie sites prevent you from seeking help from professional mental health providers. or delay in seeking it.
- If you think you need help straight away please call your
- local crisis team Sunderland Initial Response Team (IRT)
- local Mind centre
- The Samaritans’,
- where safe and confidential emergency care and help is available
- If you live in Sunderland and are concerned about the welfare of someone follow this link to contact the local care team to help assess and safeguard the vulnerable adult. www.sunderland.gov.uk/article/15017/Worried-about-someone-
- Sunderland Initial Response Team (IRT)
- The service is available 24 hours, 7 days a week, throughout the year and can be contacted on 0303 123 1145
- Anyone who lives in Sunderland who has a known mental health problem and is in need of urgent help and support can contact the Initial Response Team.
- Sunderland Mind | For crisis help | A fantastic guide to keep in your bookmarks if your a local Flutter!
- The Samaritans | 116 123 this is a free confidential helpline if you feel you need to talk. www.samaritans.org
You are not alone
- That here at fibroflutters.com we are not medical professionals just fellow chronic illness warriors sharing information.
- Any information read or shared on, to or from this blog site should not override any advice given to you by your own Doctors.
- FibroFlutters is not a selling site but we will point you in the direction to subscribe to newsletters/magazines and some offer free, some don’t!
- Do not take any work, articles or pages to be your own, including those from third partie, or any external partie links, and always accredit the appropriate authors accordingly, especially if not from this site.
- Always speak to your GP first before stopping, changing or trying new medications or treatments, FibroFlutters will not claim responsibility for any loss or damage from third parties/third partie links, or any external parties..
- Always be aware of Internet security and note that we cannot be held responsible for external third partie websites.
- Remember that buying products such as ‘cure-claiming’ remedies on-line can be a risky business and again FibroFlutters will not claim responsiblity for any loss or damage from third parties/third partie links or any external parties.
MANY THANKS in advance for your understanding –
from the administrator – fibrofly73