Article from Fibromyalgia News Today (FNT) – Skin of Fibromyalgia Patients Could Provide Disease Clue
I’d like to share this interesting, but short article that has expanded my opinion about the link between Fibro, inflammatory/autoimmune disorders and Connective Tissue/Collagen Disorders.
Via this link: Skin of Fibromyalgia Patients Could Provide Disease Clues
The article uses findings from this study:
“Oxidative stress, mitochondrial dysfunction and, inflammation common events in skin of patients with Fibromyalgia“ (appeared in the Mitochondrion Journal Benito Sánchez-Domínguez, Pedro Bullón, Lourdes Román-Malo, Fabiola Marín-Aguilar, Elísabet Alcocer-Gómez, Angel M. Carrión, José Antonio Sánchez-Alcazar, Mario D. Cordero, March 2015, vol 21)
- Allodynia: When Touch Hurts But Shouldn’t (Gretchen E. Tietjen, MD) – http://www.achenet.org/resources/allodynia_when_touch_hurts_but_shouldnt/
- FMAUK fighting for freedom from Fibromyalgia – fmauk (general articles) highlights fibromyalgia a skin problems
- Fibromyalgia Symptoms – skin problems of fibromyalgia – fibromyalgia symptoms – skin problems of fibromyalgia
This site was developed by Fibromyalgia-Symptoms.org, and is dedicated to informing readers about important health issues, especially those related to the well being of women.
We are committed to providing accurate, up-to-date information on fibromyalgia. Our hope is to reach out to people living with fibromyalgia and their families, friends and loved ones so that they may better understand this condition and improve the quality of their lives.
FibromyalgiaSyndrome was formed to offer a unique reference point on the symptoms and treatments for joint pain and fibromyalgia.
The FibromyalgiaSyndrome website is designed and written to help support people with fibromyalgia, and their families, friends and colleagues. It provides an approachable and easy-to-read introduction to fibromyalgia syndrome, and gives no-nonsense information about living with this potentially long-term disorder.
- Hospital for Special Surgery in New York – hss.edu/conditions – undifferentiated connective tissue disease overview
- National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases – Autoinflammatory diseases – Understanding Inflammatory2.pdf
Medical information sites:
- American College of Rheumatology – www.rheumatology.org – Diseases & Conditions – Fibromyalgia
- British Skin Foundation (BSF) – www.britishskinfoundation.org.uk/
- Medical Dictionary – thefreedictionary.com – arthralgia
- Medicine net – www.medicinenet.com
- National Eczema Society – www.eczema.org
- National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases – www.niaid.nih.gov – Immune System
- NIAMS – National Institute of Arthritis & Muskoskeletal Skin Diseases
- NHS Choices – Lupus
- NHS Choices- Sjogrens Syndrome
- Patient: www.patient.info/
- The Psoriasis Association –www.psoriasis-association.org.uk/
- Web MD: www.webmd.com/fibromyalgia/
Support Groups & Advice:
- The British Skin Foundation
- Ehlers Danlos Support UK Home page
- HMSA – Hypermobility Syndromes Association –
- Lupus UK Home page
- National Eczema Society
- Psoriasis Association Home page
- The British Sjögren’s Syndrome Association (BSSA)
More to be added…
Updated June 2017