#MedicalProfessionals #MentalHealth #Psychiatry #PsychiatryAdvisor #CurrentTherapies #EmergingTherapies
Insights Into Treatment-Resistant Depression: Current and Emerging Therapies | Ask the experts: James Murrough, MD, PhD | Psychiatry Advisor
- Why are high rates of partial or inadequate responses to first-line antidepressant therapy seen in patients with major depressive disorder (MDD)?
- What are the risks associated with partial or inadequate MDD treatment?
- What are the current challenges associated with treating patients with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)?
- Can you discuss the potential therapeutic role of modulating pathways outside of the monoamine oxidase pathway in MDD? This may include opioidergic, ionotropic, and metabotropic glutamatergic receptor modulation.
- Can you briefly review your general treatment algorithms for patients with treatment-resistant depression?
Read James Murrough’s, MD, PhD answers via this link >>>
Quoted from end of article >>>
Insights Into Treatment-Resistant Depression: Current and Emerging Therapies
Disclosures: Dr Murrough has provided consultation or scientific advisory services to Allergan, Novartis, Fortress Biotech, Janssen, Medavante-Prophase, and Global Medical Education.
Visit Psychiatry Advisor for more readables aimed at PROFESSIONALS >>>