Humanising Healthcare is what I’ll be discussing with friend and fellow patient advocate Cécile Tardy, but it’s just one of the Patient-Led Round-Table topics!
Humanising healthcare: Carole Scrafton & Cécile Tardy
Healthcare is undergoing a digital transformation, with technology (e.g AI, big data) aiming at delivering more personalised, immediate and accessible care.
While the benefits of technology to accelerate R&D and innovation are promising, is digital the answer to the human needs of those facing sickness?
How do we ensure that the ‘care’ component of healthcare still remains the focus in an increasingly digital and connected world?
Living with sickness is a truly human experience, how do we balance these emerging tensions, combine the best of both technology and humanity, still provide comfort and when needed hold a hand?”
Take a read of this article written by Tom Murphy that I sourced from ‘Medical Express‘, OCTOBER 8, 2019, that gives you an excellent example of ‘holding a hand’ which goes beyond comforting and the need for quick / immediate access to answers from a doctor.
© 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
#healthcare #digital #AI #technology
There are other discussions going to be taking place
All the round tables are co-chaired by
Considering Chronic diseases are on the rise…
How can digital help us to become more actively involved in our own health? Disease Mapping through Health Apps for example collecting data that can help pharma understand our diseases better, whilst we get to self manage to a better level!
Should a better understanding of patient experience be the driver behind disease awareness? The question could be… Is it the driver behind disease awareness, which then helps to improve communications, and also, to develop a level of trust between pharma and patients?
October is Health Literacy Awareness Month and an issue that as patients we feel to be a very important issue to address. It is great to be able to debate it, and hopefully, to help build a bridge between pharma and patients by creating possible solutions.
Thinking about medical literature, jargons and general language, and how it is written… Will improving health literacy help to create a better relationship between patients and pharma through having easier, and understandable, communications?
Then, will that help to improve the shared decicion making process?
Having a true understanding of what our diseases are, and how they affect us, will help them to understand our ‘needs’ to a much better level, the kind that brings us closer together and be able to communicate easier. This is my own opinion!
Decision making could become a ‘shared experience’ meaning patient involvement, and engagement, could become more ‘viable’ as well as successful. This is my own opinion!
Is this true? Does having a better understanding of disease awareness improve shared decision making?
Richard Stephens | Alan Thomas
Through learning to understand our diseases better, and how they affect us, it should develop a better understanding of the patient experience.
In my own opinion!! This means that learning about disease awareness, how to create a shared decision making experience through using a communicable language understood by both patients, and pharma, should improve the level of trust!
Considering the above… Would this help to bridge the gap between patients, and pharma, by improving their relationships enough to improve the level of ‘trust’?
Take a look at the video showcase below
eyeforpharma Patient-led round-tables 16th Annual Patient Summit 2019
Many thanks for reading.
Wishing everyone wellness
Carole – CEO & Co-Founder ‘FibroFlutters Advocacy Group’
Projecting the voices of many… not just my own!
However, the ‘opinions’ in this article are completely my own, and no-one else took part in its writing!!
I am attending this event at the discretion of eyeforpharma and its ‘patient policy‘.
Locally we’re a Support Group for people with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain, EDS/Hypermobility, Mental health, Chronic fatigue/Me, Rare & others offering friendship, support & advice in Sunderland, NE UK …
… but we also offer online support, advice and advocacy via our social media network , chronic illness portal, across the globe.
Advocating for a Multi-Disciplinary approach to all aspects of medical healthcare. With a model approach using all the ‘stakeholders’ I’m using a patient’s perspective of what patient-centred care, patient-included, patient-involved, patient-centric should look like and involve, that’s everyone by the way!
You all need to pitch in and be socially responsible for each other!!
and if you have a problem we are always open to discussion, just e-mail Carole
PLEASE NOTE: We are not medical professionals, but as patients we are sharing news, articles, information and resources out to you as all stakeholders to help keep you up to date within the Medical healthcare industries and chronic illness health, rare disease and our advocacy work for patients, health, research and pharma, including digital and AI in medicine.
PLEASE NOTE: THAT THIS SITE USES GOOGLE ANALYTICS TO COLLECT DEMOGRAPHIC INFORMATION FOR INFORMATION AND CONTENT DECISION MAKING PURPOSES ONLY AND NOT TO SELL TO 3RD PARTIES.
MANY THANKS in advance for your understanding –
from the administrator – fibrofly73 aka Carole
- Sweet potato and spinach chilli recipe | PatientA flavoursome creamy chilli that is not too hot and which the whole family will love… Read More Sweet potato and spinach chilli recipe | Patient
- Who deserves recognition? | Nominations are open for the Reuters Events: Pharma Awards Europe 2020 VIRTUAL! | Formally known as eyeforpharma
- Take a look at what NHS events Convenzis have coming up!Convenzis aims ‘to bring together senior teams in the public and private sectors to deliver change and transformation.… Read More Take a look at what NHS events Convenzis have coming up!
- My favourite Health Medical Research Patient & Pharma related Paper.Li newsletters for everyone #notjustpatients | Self-UpdatingBringing a varied selection of #healthnews #medicalnews #pharmanews #researchnews to you in relation to many aspects within the #healthcare #medicalhealthcare & #pharmaceutical landscapes. … Read More My favourite Health Medical Research Patient & Pharma related Paper.Li newsletters for everyone #notjustpatients | Self-Updating
- Product Review: Cannacares CBD gel capsules, a food supplement to compliment your health management.It was easy to notice the fact my mobility wasn’t as stiff; pain was lesser than usual, and I wasn’t getting numbness with pins and needles as much in my hands and feet. … Read More Product Review: Cannacares CBD gel capsules, a food supplement to compliment your health management.
- healtheo360 Join a ‘PATIENT’ community and share your story!healtheo360 is a community where patients can connect with one another for support, inspiration, and motivation.… Read More healtheo360 Join a ‘PATIENT’ community and share your story!
Check out our archives
- Jul 2020
- Jun 2020
- May 2020
- Mar 2020
- Feb 2020
- Jan 2020
- Dec 2019
- Nov 2019
- Oct 2019
- Sep 2019
- Aug 2019
- Jul 2019
- Jun 2019
- May 2019
- Apr 2019
- Mar 2019
- Feb 2019
- Jan 2019
- Dec 2018
- Nov 2018
- Oct 2018
- Sep 2018
- Aug 2018
- Jul 2018
- Jun 2018
- May 2018
- Apr 2018
- Mar 2018
- Feb 2018
- Jan 2018
- Dec 2017
- Nov 2017
- Jul 2017
- Jun 2017
- May 2017
- Mar 2017
- Feb 2017
- Jan 2017
- Oct 2016
- Sep 2016
- May 2016
- Apr 2016
- Mar 2016
- Feb 2016
- Jan 2016
- Nov 2015
- Oct 2015
- Sep 2015
- Aug 2015
- Jul 2015
- Jun 2015
- May 2015